SEPTEMBER, IN REVIEW
DURING SEPTEMBER I WAS...
I couldn't stop listening to Malibuu by Matt DiMona. Buttery soft vocals and the quirky beat had me hooked from the first listen. It's now one of my absolute favourite songs – an ultimate feel good track.
Uproar, Uproar. by Ben Zaidi was heavily played.
It sort of takes me back to my 'indie days', when I used to pine over, the now defunct, Bombay Bicycle Club.
New skincare and haircare products! Boots had a point promotion on so I thought it a great opportunity to try out some new 'lotions and potions'.
ON MY SKIN:
- La Roche-Posay, Pigmentclar UV SPF 30
Because the sun still shines during the autumn and winter (albeit on occasion), and I'm not about that premature fine lines and wrinkles life.
- Vichy Normaderm, Nuit Detox and Pore-Tightening Lotion (i.e. toner)
Because ain't nobody got time for blocked pores and blemishes
On MY HAIR:
- Shea Moisture Curl & Shine Coconut Shampoo and Conditioner
- Creightons Professional:
Curl Reviving Styling Spray
Because curly hair is too beautiful for it to be limp and lifeless. Plus, my hair now smells fabulous. Next up I'll purchase Shea Moisture's Curly Enhancing Smoothie for extra curly goodness.
Magazines, of course.
II. The Business of Fashion
For the first time, I picked up their bi-annual print magazine.
Well informed writers focussing on how millennials (or 'Generation Next' as Bof coin) are forcing the fashion and retail industry to change.
From experience, the large magazine is not the easiest literature to navigate on a back commuter train.
Don't say I didn't warn ya...
I. Dried Mango
I am on a journey of discovery; to discover the best dried mango available. So far, my top two are that of Pret a Manger and Sainsbury's.
When I have a sugar craving, dried mango is my saviour.
II. Cheese Puffs
Not the most sophisticated or grown-up of savoury snacks, but they taste so damn good. I'm into them in a big way, dusty orange fingers and all.
A new dress from Reiss, the Emelia knitted dress, that I picked up from their recent sample sale. A bargain and it fits wonderfully – dreamy. In fact, I love it so much, I also purchased it in powder pink!
- Doctor Foster – gritty drama: disgruntled wife out to get her own back on slimy cheating ex-husband whom has pops back on the scene after 2 years, with new wife and child in tow...
- Dragons' Den - hopeful entrepreneurs pitch their business idea to five experienced and well-connected investors.
- The Great British Bake-Off - contest where members of the public whom are highly-skilled in amateur baking, complete a series of challenges to impress two professional bakers. Mary Berry or not, the show has still got 'it'.
- Celebrity Masterchef - Somewhat famous people, whom start as home cooks, develop the ability to produce Michelin star quality food, all competing for the '2017 Celebrity Masterchef Champion' title.